THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED | South Park Recreation Center is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Front Desk Lead to supervise front office personnel and work functions. This individual will act as liaison between customers, the organization, and the needs of management groups.
This position is part time with a minimum of 30 hours per week and full time + benefits potential. The right candidate lives, works and plays in the community and surrounding areas we serve.
Responsible for operations of the Front Desk, including fielding telephone calls, checking people into the facility, making
activity and program reservations, receiving and recording payments, promoting and selling memberships, and
conducting the utmost quality of customer service. This position also ensures facility cleanliness is maintained by self and
- Supervises staff with direct and administrative-related activities.
- Reports to the Executive Director via email shift reports, after every shift worked.
- Distributes and collects member satisfaction surveys.
- Maintains social media platforms (ie: Facebook, Instagram, bulk email/text, etc) for marketing and
- Creates and maintains a full Front Desk staff schedule. If a Front Desk Associate is not able to work a shift or
find coverage, it is the responsibility of the Front Desk Lead to cover the shift or reach to the Executive
Director for further direction.
- Responsible for the training and orientation of new front desk associate staff with assistance from the
- Demonstrates effective communication methods, either written, verbal, non-verbal, or electronic.
- Works closely with the Executive Director, Pool Manager, and Programs Manager regarding all front desk
operational facets. Including scheduling, closures and operational concerns.
- Makes effective decisions that reflect clear and logical thinking. Demonstrates flexibility and proactively
examines new approaches in response to changing organizational objectives.
- Identifies and responds appropriately to internal and external customer needs utilizing available resources.
Keeps composure under stress. Is approachable and compassionate.
- Observe policies regarding breaks, time off, and calling in sick.
- Demonstrates behavior that protects the safety of self/others.
- Maintaining work areas in clean, well stocked and unobstructed order.
- Follows policy when accidents/incidents occur.
- Is responsible for maintaining Rec Desk and reports that might be needed from the management group.
- Monthly submission of insurance reimbursements from Tivity, Renew Active, One Pass, etc.
- Ensures duties are prioritized and completed correctly and promptly. Mentors and supports front office staff.
- 2 years experience in the customer service or relevant industry required; 3+ years experience preferred
- Strong leadership and team-building skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- CPR and First Aid Certification within the first 6 months of employment
Hourly Range & Benefits:
- Competitive hourly range of $21-24/hour depending on relevant experience.
- SPRC membership for staff member & their family residing in the same household.
- Professional development opportunities.
- A supportive and collaborative work environment.
- Opportunities to make a positive impact on the community.
If you are passionate about customer service and meet the minimum requirements, we invite you to apply for the Front Desk Lead position at South Park Recreation Center. Join our team and play a pivotal role in ensuring the best guest experience of our patrons. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter detailing your relevant experience to email@example.com. Please include “Front Desk Lead Application” in the subject line of your email. Applications will be accepted until Wednesday, December 20th, 2023.
South Park Parks & Recreation District is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or applicants on the basis of any characteristic protected by law, such as race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, height, weight, ancestry, marital status, veteran status or disability as defined by law.