THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED | South Park Recreation Center is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Recreation Center Programs Manager to design, develop, and implement relevant and engaging programs for our community.
This position is responsible for effectively designing and implementing programs and services within the youth, adult and senior programs area that contribute to divisional goals/objectives and the Recreation Department’s vision and mission. The Program Manager is responsible for supervising and overseeing a functional area within a structure of the Recreation Center, including personnel management, financial management, guest relations, facility, and equipment management, planning and design of programs and services, safety, and risk management. The Program Manager makes independent decisions for the direction of a functional area in collaboration with the Executive Director.
This role is also responsible for personnel hiring/training/supervision of technical proficiency within youth, adult, and senior programming. This highly responsible position requires a strong leader, attention to detail, customer service, and a focus on the highest level of recreation risk management.
Customer Service focused by being personable and attentive to the needs of the customers and the organization, achieving this by providing strong interpersonal skills and being a strong verbal communicator. Being safety-oriented by focusing on preventive measures requires attentiveness and proactive thinking. Detailed orientation is essential. To establish a workplace that meets legal safety standards and cultivates a culture of prioritizing health and safety.
- Significant experience in recreational program development for all ages.
- Live, work and play in the community and surrounding areas we serve
- Organized with proven track record of sustained success
- Bachelor’s degree in Sports Management or related field preferred
- Strong leadership and team-building skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Budget management experience.
- CPR and First Aid Certification
Salary Range & Benefits:
- Competitive salary range $50,000-$60,000 depending on relevant experience
- 80 hours of Paid Time Off, plus all federal holidays where the recreation center is closed
- Membership for Staff Member & Their Family
- Comprehensive health, dental, and life insurance benefits
- Professional development opportunities.
- A supportive and collaborative work environment.
- Opportunities to make a positive impact on the community.
If you are passionate about recreation activities and programing and meet the minimum requirements, we invite you to apply for the Recreation Center Program Manager position at South Park Recreation Center. Join our team and play a pivotal role in ensuring outstanding programs for our patrons and community. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter detailing your relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Recreation Programs Manager Application” in the subject line of your email. Applications will be accepted until Tuesday, October 24th, 2023.Full Job Description